Subject: Re: bug#21313: 25.0.50; Strange errors from dbus-handle-event

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 20:05:07 +0300

> From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 11:58:35 +0200
> 
> > There's also 30a6b1f81412044aa7dda5573b0142a0a03c4fd3, although it was
> > supposed to deal only with recording input events for the purposes of
> > keyboard macros.
> 
> I've been running with the latest master with that single commit
> reverted for the past 10 days and never had this issue again.  So I'm
> tempted to say that this commit is most probably the culprit.

The only effect of that change is to call record_char on some events
that might have evaded that before.  record_char does 2 things:

 . it adds the event to recent-keys, a Lisp array
 . it records the event as part of a keyboard macro, if a macro is
   being recorded

(There's also the "dribble" part, but I doubt that you are running
with that enabled.)

So I wonder how could any of that cause the kind of trouble you
reported.

If you undo the revert of that commit, do you start seeing the problem
again?

If you do, please see which of the "unusual" events, if any, get
passed to record_char, and whether they are recorded as part of
recent-keys and keyboard macros (assuming that you are used to define
and invoke macros in your routine work).

Thanks.