Subject: Re: bug#21313: 25.0.50; Strange errors from dbus-handle-event

From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2015 11:38:40 +0200

Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Commit 5022e27dac4c13651941e425dbec5b3a2cecdae4 has made heavy
>> changes here. I do not say that it has broken things, but it was
>> pushed about 2 weeks prior your bug report. Timing matters.
>
> Indeed, the timing would be perfect.  I'll try that out.

I'm now running with a local branch where that commit has been reverted.
No error until now but of course that has nothing to say.  I'll just
keep using it for the next few weeks.

But looking at the changes of this commit, I think the functions it
touched are not used when editing in a message-mode buffer.  At least I
get no trace output from tracing all functions reported by

git show 5022e27dac4c13651941e425dbec5b3a2cecdae4 | grep @@ \
    | sed -e 's/@@.*@@ //' | sort | uniq

which obviously relies on the git diff hunk headers naming the right
functions but I think they do.

Bye,
Tassilo