Subject: Re: bug#21313: 25.0.50; Strange errors from dbus-handle-event

From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2015 10:13:03 +0200

Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:

>>> From the backtrace I have the feeling that it was created as another
>>> event, and the marker `dbus-event' has been pushed there later. But I
>>> cannot prove this.
>>
>> I have the same feeling as Michael.  xd_read_message_1 and
>> inotify_callback / inotifyevent_to_event are the only functions creating
>> dbus and file-notify events here, and they'd all barf if the data they
>> read was screwed.
>>
>> And keep in mind that it's not only about these kinds events.  Sometimes
>> keyboard events also get screwed, e.g., in the case where view-lossage
>> tells me that I've typed a key which I actually didn't.  Or in the case
>> where I get a crash where probably the event is handled on the C-level
>> where a broken event causes a segfault instead of being gracefully put
>> in the debugger.
>
> `unread-command-events' comes to mind. It is used to push events back
> which have been read, but which shall be handled later. Maybe something
> is broken in that mechanism.
>
> Commit 5022e27dac4c13651941e425dbec5b3a2cecdae4 has made heavy changes
> here. I do not say that it has broken things, but it was pushed about 2
> weeks prior your bug report. Timing matters.

Indeed, the timing would be perfect.  I'll try that out.

Bye,
Tassilo