Subject: Re: bug#21313: 25.0.50; Strange errors from dbus-handle-event

From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 19:35:31 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> Do you see something in *Messages* that isn't there without your
> changes?

No.

> You call Fformat, which conses a string, which can cause GC or call
> some Lisp (depending on your customizations).  If that causes some
> echo-area message, it could maybe cause something like this.

Ah, sorry, I forgot to tell you that this behavior is there also with
"emacs -Q" so we can rule out customizations.

Also, if there's some more direct way to print a readable representation
of a Lisp_Object from C, I can try with that.

> Or it could be that some code that runs as result of this throws to
> higher level and resets the quit flag.

But how could a GC (or maybe just some small slowdown induced by
printing) reset the quit flag?

Bye,
Tassilo