Subject: bug#21308: closed (Re: bug#21308: 24.5; minor doc omission for emailclient)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 13:20:03 +0000

Your bug report

#21308: 24.5; minor doc omission for emailclient

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
21308: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=21308
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#21308: 24.5; minor doc omission for emailclient
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: allan gottlieb <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 16:19:03 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: allan gottlieb <[email-masked]>
> Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 13:46:04 -0400
> 
> 
> Node 38.2 `emacsclient options'
> --create-frame does not appear.  Only the short form -c appears.
> The long form does work

Thanks, I fixed that.

Subject: 24.5; minor doc omission for emailclient
From: allan gottlieb <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 13:46:04 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Node 38.2 `emacsclient options'
--create-frame does not appear.  Only the short form -c appears.
The long form does work

(Sorry if multiple version of the report were sent; problems with mail)

In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.14.13)
 of 2015-08-04 on E7450-wireless
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11604000
System Description:	Gentoo Base System release 2.2

Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/usr --build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
 --host=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --datadir=/usr/share --sysconfdir=/etc
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --disable-dependency-tracking
 --disable-silent-rules --libdir=/usr/lib64 --program-suffix=-emacs-24
 --infodir=/usr/share/info/emacs-24 --localstatedir=/var
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-gameuser=:gamestat --without-compress-install
 --with-file-notification=inotify --enable-acl --with-dbus
 --without-gnutls --with-gpm --without-hesiod --without-kerberos
 --without-kerberos5 --with-xml2 --without-selinux --without-wide-int
 --with-zlib --with-sound=alsa --with-x --without-ns --without-gconf
 --without-gsettings --with-toolkit-scroll-bars --with-gif --with-jpeg
 --with-png --with-rsvg --with-tiff --with-xpm --without-imagemagick
 --with-xft --without-libotf --without-m17n-flt --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
 GENTOO_PACKAGE=app-editors/emacs-24.5 'CFLAGS=-march=native -O2 -pipe'
 CPPFLAGS= 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Group

Minor modes in effect:
  gnus-topic-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  gnus-undo-mode: t
  nroff-electric-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Mark set [2 times]
Sending via mail...
Mark set
Wrote /home/gottlieb/Mail/MAIL/44475
Mark set
Wrote /home/gottlieb/Mail/sent/2015-08/74
Sending...done
Opening nnml server on private...done
user-error: End of history; no default available
C-c C-c is undefined
Quit [2 times]

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug shr-color color shr browse-url mm-archive ansi-color
gnus-async gnus-bcklg parse-time gnus-ml disp-table mailalias sendmail
sort gnus-cite mail-extr flyspell ispell nnir gnus-topic byte-opt
bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra cconv nndraft nnmh nndoc nnml gnus-agent
gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg nntp gnus-cache
mule-util server eldoc tsdh-dark-theme icomplete cus-start cus-load
ajg-sgml help-fns+ help-mode cl-macs cl gv info ehelp rolo ajg-dired
dired-x dired ajg-gnus gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 epg-config mm-view
mml-smime smime password-cache dig mailcap gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group
gnus-undo nnmail mail-source gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range
message format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader gnus-util time-date
mail-utils mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr wid-edit ajg-printer nroff-mode
ajg-nroff ajg-courses ajg-filling ajg-fonts edmacro kmacro cl-loaddefs
cl-lib site-gentoo tex-site auto-loads tooltip electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 319908 30815)
 (symbols 48 32899 0)
 (miscs 40 96 270)
 (strings 32 54326 6775)
 (string-bytes 1 1722995)
 (vectors 16 23372)
 (vector-slots 8 543030 10651)
 (floats 8 403 326)
 (intervals 56 11218 394)
 (buffers 960 22)
 (heap 1024 22875 2338))