Subject: 24.5; minor doc omission for emailclient

From: allan gottlieb <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 13:46:04 -0400

Node 38.2 `emacsclient options'
--create-frame does not appear.  Only the short form -c appears.
The long form does work

(Sorry if multiple version of the report were sent; problems with mail)

In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.14.13)
 of 2015-08-04 on E7450-wireless
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11604000
System Description:	Gentoo Base System release 2.2

Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/usr --build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
 --host=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --datadir=/usr/share --sysconfdir=/etc
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --disable-dependency-tracking
 --disable-silent-rules --libdir=/usr/lib64 --program-suffix=-emacs-24
 --infodir=/usr/share/info/emacs-24 --localstatedir=/var
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-gameuser=:gamestat --without-compress-install
 --with-file-notification=inotify --enable-acl --with-dbus
 --without-gnutls --with-gpm --without-hesiod --without-kerberos
 --without-kerberos5 --with-xml2 --without-selinux --without-wide-int
 --with-zlib --with-sound=alsa --with-x --without-ns --without-gconf
 --without-gsettings --with-toolkit-scroll-bars --with-gif --with-jpeg
 --with-png --with-rsvg --with-tiff --with-xpm --without-imagemagick
 --with-xft --without-libotf --without-m17n-flt --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
 GENTOO_PACKAGE=app-editors/emacs-24.5 'CFLAGS=-march=native -O2 -pipe'
 CPPFLAGS= 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Group

Minor modes in effect:
  gnus-topic-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  gnus-undo-mode: t
  nroff-electric-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Mark set [2 times]
Sending via mail...
Mark set
Wrote /home/gottlieb/Mail/MAIL/44475
Mark set
Wrote /home/gottlieb/Mail/sent/2015-08/74
Sending...done
Opening nnml server on private...done
user-error: End of history; no default available
C-c C-c is undefined
Quit [2 times]

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug shr-color color shr browse-url mm-archive ansi-color
gnus-async gnus-bcklg parse-time gnus-ml disp-table mailalias sendmail
sort gnus-cite mail-extr flyspell ispell nnir gnus-topic byte-opt
bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra cconv nndraft nnmh nndoc nnml gnus-agent
gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg nntp gnus-cache
mule-util server eldoc tsdh-dark-theme icomplete cus-start cus-load
ajg-sgml help-fns+ help-mode cl-macs cl gv info ehelp rolo ajg-dired
dired-x dired ajg-gnus gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 epg-config mm-view
mml-smime smime password-cache dig mailcap gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group
gnus-undo nnmail mail-source gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range
message format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader gnus-util time-date
mail-utils mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr wid-edit ajg-printer nroff-mode
ajg-nroff ajg-courses ajg-filling ajg-fonts edmacro kmacro cl-loaddefs
cl-lib site-gentoo tex-site auto-loads tooltip electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 319908 30815)
 (symbols 48 32899 0)
 (miscs 40 96 270)
 (strings 32 54326 6775)
 (string-bytes 1 1722995)
 (vectors 16 23372)
 (vector-slots 8 543030 10651)
 (floats 8 403 326)
 (intervals 56 11218 394)
 (buffers 960 22)
 (heap 1024 22875 2338))