Subject: bug#21307: 25.0.50; "Warning (:warning): : `lexical-binding' at end of file unreliable" not helpful

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 13:07:47 -0700 (PDT)

At some point I noticed a window *Warnings* with this wonderful message, in a *Warnings* buffer:

*Warnings*

  Warning (:warning): : `lexical-binding' at end of file unreliable

What the context for that is, I have no idea.  Dunno when it was
displayed or what file it is talking about.  But hey, thanks for the
warning. ;-)

Please, if you write a message about a file, *MENTION THE FILE BY NAME*.
Especially for a supposed *WARNING*.

And preferably refer somehow to the operation that led to the warning.
What was being done to the mysterious file - what function, what
context, what time...  Give us some clue what your gratuitous "warning"
is about, please.  Or alternatively, just drop such noise altogether.

Oh, and you might want to also rethink this part of the noise:
"Warning (:warning): : ".  Maybe you'd like to add a few more "warning"s
or spaces or colons, for emphasis?  Or if such seemingly repetitive
parts are in fact significant, maybe you could point out just what
they mean?

IOW, either improve the incomprehensible message or drop it altogether,
please.

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2015-07-31 on LEG570
Bzr revision: 8d332aeccab2208e6c6bd434738565e6abf12043
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --host=i686-pc-mingw32 --enable-checking=yes,glyphs'