Subject: 25.0.50; buffer coding

From: Daniel Wu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 15:55:22 -0400

a long story on `buffer coding' when non-ascii characters are involved in
a path.

it happens with cider-mode, and i don't know how to repeat this issue
without using cider-ode, so please have a look at:
http://github.com/clojure-emacs/cider/issues/1224

i've tried to report this issue to the maintainers of cider-mode, and
they decided it's an emacs bug and recommended me to report to you.

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0, NS appkit-1265.21 Version 10.9.5 (Build 13F1096))
of 2015-08-08 on builder10-9.porkrind.org
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1348
Configured using:
`configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/site-lisp''

Configured features:
ACL LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_CA.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Clojure

Minor modes in effect:
  cider-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  rainbow-delimiters-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  ace-pinyin-global-mode: t
  ace-pinyin-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  global-prettify-symbols-mode: t
  prettify-symbols-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
nREPL: Direct connection established
Connected.  A point of view is worth 80 IQ points. -Alan Kay
Read-Only mode enabled in current buffer
Read-Only mode disabled in current buffer
Read-Only mode enabled in current buffer
C-c C-g is undefined
Quit [3 times]
funcall-interactively: Buffer is read-only: #<buffer *cider-repl parker*>
Read-Only mode disabled in current buffer
History item: 0

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message dired rfc822 mml mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
mail-utils mule-diag markdown-mode spinner pkg-info url-http url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history mailcap
url-auth mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util url-parse url-gw url-vars json lisp-mnt epl pp
network-stream nsm starttls tls cider tramp-sh cider-debug
cider-browse-ns cider-inspector cider-mode cider-repl cider-eldoc
cider-interaction compile arc-mode archive-mode cider-overlays cider-doc
org-table org org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list org-faces
org-entities noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle
ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-src ob-keys ob-comint ob-core ob-eval
org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs cider-test cider-stacktrace cider-client nrepl-client tramp
tramp-compat auth-source gnus-util mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr
password-cache tramp-loaddefs trampver shell pcomplete comint
format-spec queue cider-util ewoc ansi-color etags xref project eieio
byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv eieio-core cl-macs thingatpt
misearch multi-isearch vc vc-dispatcher vc-git diff-mode clojure-mode
imenu rainbow-delimiters edmacro kmacro bind-key easy-mmode ace-pinyin
avy ring ace-jump-mode advice clojure-snippets java-snippets
datomic-snippets cl-extra seq cl-seq s ucs-normalize dash yasnippet
help-mode cl gv cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib elec-pair undo-tree diff
finder-inf info package easymenu epg-config avoid paren time-date
mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote cocoa ns multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 382018 18794)
(symbols 48 37319 0)
(miscs 40 183 926)
(strings 32 78094 11217)
(string-bytes 1 2320764)
(vectors 16 55161)
(vector-slots 8 995236 13130)
(floats 8 731 575)
(intervals 56 5367 0)
(buffers 976 21))