Subject: bug#21301: 25.0.50; Emacs Trunk: Fringe bitmaps confuse foreground/background colors.

From: Keith David Bershatsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 13:31:49 -0700

The fringe bitmaps in Emacs Trunk seem to confuse the foreground/background colors -- the foreground is the 'default color no matter what, and the background takes on the color of what should have been the foreground.

For example, a particular fringe bitmap should have a yellow foreground and nothing set for the background -- the result is a yellow background and a 'default foreground (which in my case is white).

Thanks,

Keith

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin10.8.0, NS appkit-1038.36 Version 10.6.8 (Build 10K549))
 of 2015-08-19 on server.local
Repository revision: ae7cfd0baf24fda984ff4c0631bcaa477ea11b7f
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1038
Configured using:
 `configure --with-ns --without-imagemagick'

Configured features:
DBUS ACL LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS

Important settings:
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: ELISP

Minor modes in effect:
  tb-mode: t
  sb-mode: t
  ml-mode: t
  fl-mode: t
  ds-mode: t
  sd-mode: t
  bc-mode: t
  +-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t

Recent messages:
.0.emacs/.0.mail/msgdb/imap/mail.lawlist.com/lawlist/inbox/.wl-summary-cache
.0.emacs/.0.mail/msgdb/imap/mail.lawlist.com/lawlist/inbox/.wl-summary-line-format
.0.emacs/.0.mail/msgdb/imap/mail.lawlist.com/lawlist/inbox/.wl-summary-view
.0.emacs/.0.mail/msgdb/imap/mail.lawlist.com/lawlist/inbox/entity-75
.0.emacs/.0.mail/msgdb/imap/mail.lawlist.com/lawlist/inbox/entity-76
.
0.emacs/.0.mail/msgdb/imap/mail.lawlist.com/lawlist/inbox/flag
.0.emacs/.0.mail/msgdb/imap/mail.lawlist.com/lawlist/inbox/flag-table
.0.emacs/.0.mail/msgdb/imap/mail.lawlist.com/lawlist/inbox/killed
.0.emacs/.0.mail/msgdb/imap/mail.lawlist.com/lawlist/inbox/msgid

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug url-cache sort tabify network-stream nsm starttls
ps-mode ps-mule crm sendmail pp lawlist-ztree lawlist-yas lawlist-ws
lawlist-wl elmo-imap4 elmo-localdir modb-standard modb-legacy
elmo-internal elmo-flag mmelmo-imap mmelmo-buffer elsp-generic mel-u
ps-print ps-def lpr parse-time enriched lawlist-w3m browse-url
doc-view image-mode ccl lawlist-vl lawlist-view lawlist-undo
lawlist-txt lawlist-tm lawlist-tex compare-w lawlist-tabbar
lawlist-speedbar lawlist-shell info esh-groups ehelp ange-ftp
lawlist-sgml lawlist-sb lawlist-saveplace lawlist-ruler
lawlist-replace lawlist-rectangle lawlist-re-builder lawlist-python
skeleton lawlist-profiler lawlist-print lawlist-php lawlist-perl
lawlist-parens lawlist-org lawlist-calendar org-agenda org org-macro
org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities org-version
ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-src
ob-keys ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs
holidays hol-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs lawlist-neotree
lawlist-movement lawlist-mouse lawlist-ml lawlist-minibuffer
lawlist-misc lawlist-messages lawlist-mc rect lawlist-markdown
noutline outline lawlist-lorem lawlist-ln lawlist-keymap lawlist-js
lawlist-ispell lawlist-isearch lawlist-imenu lawlist-ibuffer
lawlist-hl lawlist-grep lawlist-git ido eieio-compat view vc-git vc
vc-dispatcher url-http tls url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history mailcap url-auth url-cookie url-domsuf url-gw
thingatpt time-stamp server log-view log-edit message mml mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util add-log
lawlist-help quail json grep compile find-lisp ediff-merg ediff-wind
ediff-diff ediff-mult ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util ediff ert
find-func ewoc eieio-base diff-mode conf-mode autorevert filenotify
lawlist-frame lawlist-frame-bufs lawlist-font-lock lawlist-fm
lawlist-env lawlist-elscreen lawlist-elisp lawlist-dv jka-compr
lawlist-image lawlist-files zeroconf url-util url-parse auth-source
eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv eieio-core password-cache
url-vars dbus xml lawlist-ds lawlist-dired epa epg epg-config
format-spec cl-seq edmacro kmacro dired lawlist-desktop frameset
lawlist-debug lawlist-window debug lawlist-css smie lawlist-compile rx
lawlist-color lawlist-cm lawlist-cc cl-extra seq cc-langs cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine
cc-vars cc-defs cc-bytecomp lawlist-calc lawlist-calccomp
lawlist-calcalg3 lawlist-calcalg2 lawlist-calc+ lawlist-bk lawlist-bc
lawlist-bbdb gnus gnus-ems nnheader gnus-util mail-utils wid-edit
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util help-fns
help-mode easymenu mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-extr rfc822 cl timezone
lawlist-as lawlist-archive cl-macs gv cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib
lawlist-+ disp-table easy-mmode derived advice shell pcomplete comint
ansi-color ring savehist time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win
term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese
eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button
faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote dbusbind cocoa ns multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 2220812 231898)
 (symbols 48 117908 62)
 (miscs 40 600 278)
 (strings 32 281603 93497)
 (string-bytes 1 10085414)
 (vectors 16 62862)
 (vector-slots 8 1980185 93488)
 (floats 8 3158 683)
 (intervals 56 2524 184)
 (buffers 976 33))