Subject: bug#21296: 24.5; Could you support multi-term to auto complete file name?

From: yuxuan yu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 19:07:22 -0500

emacs -Q:

One example is cd .emacs.d . When I use M-x shell and type cd .e. It will show cd .emacs.d. But when I use multi-term. it didn't appear. Thank you.

In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin14.5.0, NS apple-appkit-1348.17)
of 2015-08-14 on yuxuans-MacBook-Pro.local
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1348
Configured using:
`configure --prefix=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/24.5
--enable-locallisppath=/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp
--infodir=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/24.5/share/info/emacs --with-xml2
--without-dbus --without-gnutls --with-ns --disable-ns-self-contained'

Important settings:
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Text

Minor modes in effect:
  workgroups-mode: t
  global-linum-mode: t
  linum-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  TeX-source-correlate-mode: t
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  flycheck-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  flx-ido-mode: t
  ido-ubiquitous-mode: t
  erc-truncate-mode: t
  erc-spelling-mode: t
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  global-diff-hl-mode: t
  diff-hl-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  whitespace-mode: t
  global-anzu-mode: t
  anzu-mode: t
  projectile-global-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  volatile-highlights-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  show-smartparens-global-mode: t
  show-smartparens-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  prelude-global-mode: t
  prelude-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Recent messages:
[yas] Loading compiled snippets from /Users/yuyuxuan/.emacs.d/elpa/yasnippet-20150811.1222/snippets/emacs-lisp-mode
Switched: yu2
Loaded: ~/.emacs.d/.emacs_workgroups
Workgroups Mode: on
Loading /Users/yuyuxuan/.emacs.d/personal/yu_package_settings.el (source)...done
Prelude is ready to do thy bidding, Master yuyuxuan!
[yas] Loading for `lisp-interaction-mode', just-in-time: (lambda nil (yas--load-directory-1 (quote /Users/yuyuxuan/.emacs.d/elpa/yasnippet-20150811.1222/snippets/lisp-interaction-mode) (quote lisp-interaction-mode)))!
[yas] Loading compiled snippets from /Users/yuyuxuan/.emacs.d/elpa/yasnippet-20150811.1222/snippets/lisp-interaction-mode
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Prelude tip: Press <C-c p p> to switch between projects.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils vc-git rainbow-mode color
rainbow-delimiters elisp-slime-nav guru-mode company-anaconda
anaconda-mode json-rpc python-el-fgallina-expansions smartparens-python
python workgroups2 anaphora f s ucs-normalize linum hideshow ls-lisp
prelude-python prelude-latex company-auctex yasnippet
latex-mode-expansions latex tex-style tex crm smartparens-latex
prelude-xml nxml-mode-expansions html-mode-expansions sgml-mode
smartparens-html rng-nxml rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse nxml-parse
rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-ns nxml-mode nxml-outln
nxml-rap nxml-util nxml-glyph nxml-enc xmltok prelude-shell sh-script
smie executable prelude-scheme geiser prelude-perl prelude-org
prelude-js js2-mode-expansions js2-mode js2-old-indent
js-mode-expansions js json cc-mode-expansions cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess
cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs
prelude-emacs-lisp prelude-lisp prelude-c prelude-programming flycheck
find-func help-mode rx subr-x which-func prelude-company company-files
company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-capf company-cmake
company-xcode company-clang company-semantic company-eclim
company-template company-css company-nxml company-bbdb company
prelude-ido smex flx-ido flx ido-ubiquitous ido-completing-read+
prelude-erc erc-truncate erc-autoaway erc-spelling erc-notify erc-log
erc-list erc-menu erc-join erc-ring erc-networks erc-pcomplete erc-track
erc-match erc-button erc-fill erc-stamp erc-netsplit erc-goodies erc
erc-backend erc-compat prelude-osx exec-path-from-shell
prelude-global-keybindings prelude-editor operate-on-number calc-bin
calc-ext calc calc-loaddefs calc-macs diff-hl smartrep vc-dir ewoc vc
vc-dispatcher diff-mode easy-mmode winner undo-tree diff esh-var esh-io
esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext esh-proc esh-arg eldoc esh-groups eshell
esh-module esh-mode esh-util re-builder whitespace tabify
browse-kill-ring midnight ediff-merg ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-mult
ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util ediff dired-x dired anzu avy projectile
compile ibuf-ext ibuffer bookmark pp expand-region text-mode-expansions
er-basic-expansions expand-region-core expand-region-custom flyspell
ispell tramp tramp-compat auth-source gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr
password-cache tramp-loaddefs trampver shell pcomplete comint ansi-color
format-spec etags ring volatile-highlights hl-line windmove recentf
tree-widget wid-edit savehist saveplace diminish edmacro kmacro
smartparens-config smartparens autorevert filenotify delsel prelude-mode
prelude-core imenu epl ido pcase ov dash thingatpt prelude-ui
smart-mode-line mule-util rich-minority zenburn-theme prelude-custom
prelude-packages finder-inf tex-site eieio byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cl-extra cconv eieio-core advice help-fns info easymenu
cl-macs package epg-config cl gv cl-loaddefs cl-lib time-date tooltip
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
cocoa ns multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 675393 309141)
(symbols 48 55112 1)
(miscs 40 205 970)
(strings 32 122483 217990)
(string-bytes 1 3503298)
(vectors 16 94656)
(vector-slots 8 1958690 161638)
(floats 8 8707 591)
(intervals 56 473 570)
(buffers 960 19))