Subject: bug#21295: closed (Re: bug#21295: 25.0.50; Strage behaviour when send JSON request)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2015 12:38:02 +0000

Your bug report

#21295: 25.0.50; Strage behaviour when send JSON request

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
21295: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=21295
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#21295: 25.0.50; Strage behaviour when send JSON request
From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
To: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, Дмитрий Ануфриев <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2015 15:37:28 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On 08/21/2015 12:25 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> Please show a reproducible recipe that doesn't involve Tern.  Or look
> into what Tern does, and show here the code that is responsible for
> incorrect handling of Cyrillic characters.

Tern didn't call encode-coding-string on string returned by json-encode, 
before sending it over the wire.

Fixed there.

Subject: 25.0.50; Strage behaviour when send JSON request
From: Дмитрий Ануфриев<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 21:15:28 +0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

When I try to use Emacs with Tern package, I get error 'Request failed:
(nil)'. I submit bug to project maintainer and we found that this bug in
Emacs.

Link to issue: https://github.com/marijnh/tern/issues/605

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.8)
 of 2015-05-19 on lcy01-07
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11501000
System Description:    Linux Mint 17.2 Rafaela

Configured using:
 `configure --build=x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
 '--includedir=${prefix}/include' '--mandir=${prefix}/share/man'
 '--infodir=${prefix}/share/info' --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var
 '--libdir=${prefix}/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu'
 '--libexecdir=${prefix}/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu' --disable-maintainer-mode
 --disable-dependency-tracking --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib
 --program-suffix=-snapshot --with-x=yes --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
 'CFLAGS=-g -O2 -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wformat
 -Werror=format-security' CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ru_RU.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  global-auto-complete-mode: t
  global-nlinum-mode: t
  projectile-global-mode: t
  helm-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent messages:
which-key: echo-keystrokes changed from 1 to 0
ad-handle-definition: `tramp-read-passwd' got redefined
Turn on helm-projectile key bindings
Eshell virtualenv support initialized.
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/flyspell hides
/usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/textmodes/flyspell
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/ispell hides
/usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/textmodes/ispell

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail mail-utils winner powerline
powerline-separators color flycheck find-func help-mode subr-x flymake
wombat-theme virtualenvwrapper auto-complete-config auto-complete popup
nlinum linum powerline-themes helm-projectile projectile ibuf-ext
ibuffer helm-mode helm-files rx image-dired tramp tramp-compat
tramp-loaddefs trampver shell pcomplete format-spec dired-x dired-aux
ffap thingatpt helm-buffers helm-elscreen helm-tags helm-bookmark
helm-adaptive helm-info bookmark pp helm-locate helm-grep helm-regexp
helm-plugin helm-external helm-net browse-url xml url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util url-parse auth-source gnus-util password-cache url-vars mailcap
helm-utils compile comint ansi-color ring helm-help helm-types helm
easy-mmode helm-source eieio-compat eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile
cl-extra seq cconv eieio-core helm-match-plugin helm-lib dired advice
which-key hl-line windmove paren delsel edmacro kmacro info easymenu
cask cl-seq cl-macs gv cask-bootstrap package-build mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util help-fns
mail-prsvr json lisp-mnt shut-up epl git commander cl-loaddefs pcase
cl-lib f dash s ucs-normalize finder-inf package epg-config time-date
mule-util cyril-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 350431 26426)
 (symbols 48 33992 0)
 (miscs 40 252 284)
 (strings 32 62874 21136)
 (string-bytes 1 1880066)
 (vectors 16 58974)
 (vector-slots 8 1611166 176042)
 (floats 8 506 430)
 (intervals 56 473 140)
 (buffers 976 14)
 (heap 1024 48944 1933))