Subject: bug#21288: Qt's bundled libraries must not be used

From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 2015 22:09:03 -0400

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Enge <[email-masked]> writes:

> Commit bc554b4 compiles qt-5 with the system harfbuzz and removes a bundled
> copy from our source code (the one called harfbuzz-ng; strangely, there is
> another one, called harfbuzz, without which the package does not compile).
>
> Commit 9c32e1f removes the bundled sqlite copy (the system sqlite was already
> used before).

Sounds good, thank you!

> Some other system libraries are already used automatically; to make things
> clearer, we could also remove their source code (from the corresponding
> 3rdparty/ subdirectories).

Yes, I think we should remove as many bundled libraries as possible.
Even if the build system does not use the bundled libFOO today, a future
version might start using it, and so when there's a security flaw found
in libFOO, we will have to double-check to make sure it's really not
being used.  It's much easier to just remove the bundled copies.

What do you think?

      Mark