Subject: 25.0.50; Setting blink-matching-delay has no effect

From: Mark Karpov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 18:27:00 +0600

Setting of ‘blink-matching-delay’ has no effect, neither for floating
point intervals or integer intervals.

  (setq blink-matching-delay 0.5) ; uses 1 second delay
  (setq blink-matching-delay 3)   ; still uses 1 second delay

I looked at source code and it uses ‘sit-for’, which I tested separately
and it works correctly with floating point intervals and other intervals
as well.

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.16 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.16.6)
 of 2015-08-11 on arch
Repository revision: acde89a2088180831e506d0c4255b306a339e291
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11702000
Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: ε

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  rainbow-delimiters-mode: t
  hl-todo-mode: t
  flycheck-mode: t
  flyspell-mode: t
  whitespace-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  minibuffer-electric-default-mode: t
  ido-vertical-mode: t
  ido-ubiquitous-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  highlight-line-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-aggressive-indent-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  ace-popup-menu-mode: t
  smartparens-global-mode: t
  smartparens-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  auto-fill-function: do-auto-fill
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-fill-mode: 1

Recent messages:
Quit
Type "q" in help window to restore its previous buffer.
uncompressing simple.el.gz...done
Note: file is write protected
Mark saved where search started

Quit
Type "q" in help window to restore its previous buffer. [2 times]
nil [4 times]
Type "q" to restore previous buffer.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils eieio-opt
speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe misearch multi-isearch jka-compr
ace-window vc vc-dispatcher haskell-doc inf-haskell haskell-decl-scan
imenu shell pcomplete haskell haskell-completions haskell-load
haskell-commands highlight-uses-mode haskell-modules haskell-sandbox
haskell-repl haskell-debug haskell-interactive-mode
haskell-presentation-mode haskell-collapse haskell-navigate-imports
haskell-compile haskell-process haskell-session url-util url-parse
auth-source gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars json
haskell-indentation haskell-font-lock smartparens-haskell haskell-mode
haskell-string haskell-sort-imports haskell-lexeme haskell-align-imports
haskell-compat haskell-complete-module noutline outline flymake etags
xref project eieio eieio-core compile comint dabbrev ansi-color hl-line
dired help-fns vc-git diff-mode bookmark pp rainbow-delimiters hl-todo
flycheck-haskell haskell-cabal haskell-utils haskell-customize flycheck
find-func rx flyspell ispell whitespace mk-visual solarized-dark-theme
solarized mk-texinfo mk-tex mk-python mk-prolog mk-org mk-markdown
mk-man mk-magit mk-lisp mk-ibuffer mk-haskell mk-gnus mk-eshell mk-erc
mk-elisp mk-dired mk-diff mk-clojure kill-or-bury-alive mk-calendar mk-c
mk-bookmark mk-minor-modes common-lisp-snippets yasnippet cl
whole-line-or-region paren minibuf-eldef ido-vertical-mode
ido-ubiquitous ido-completing-read+ cl-macs gv ido highlight-line
autorevert filenotify cl-seq aggressive-indent easy-mmode time delsel
ace-popup-menu smartparens-config smartparens byte-opt thingatpt
mk-global edmacro kmacro ace-link avy ring misc server mk-utils subr-x f
dash s ucs-normalize finder-inf tex-site fix-word advice slime-autoloads
info bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra help-mode seq cl-loaddefs pcase
cl-lib cconv package easymenu epg-config time-date mule-util tooltip
eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 409823 158788)
 (symbols 48 36045 0)
 (miscs 40 119 415)
 (strings 32 72434 51628)
 (string-bytes 1 2004984)
 (vectors 16 58712)
 (vector-slots 8 1736007 217494)
 (floats 8 398 609)
 (intervals 56 1927 733)
 (buffers 976 17)
 (heap 1024 52387 6206))