Subject: Re: bug#21286: 25.0.50; Setting ‘blink-matching-delay’ has no effect

From: Mark Karpov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 15:55:42 +0600

Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]> writes:

> Have you made a pull and (important!) rebuilt Emacs?

Yes, of course. I'm sure I'm using Emacs with your recent changes,
because ‘C-h v blink-matching-paren RET’ results in:

  blink-matching-paren is a variable defined in ‘simple.el’.
  Its value is jump-offscreen
  Original value was t
  
  Documentation:
  Non-nil means show matching open-paren when close-paren is inserted.
  If t, highlight the paren.  If ‘jump’, briefly move cursor to its
  position.  If ‘jump-offscreen’, move cursor there even if the
  position is off screen.  With any other non-nil value, the
  off-screen position of the opening paren will be shown in the
  echo area.
  
  You can customize this variable.