Subject: bug#21287: closed (Re: bug#21286: 25.0.50; Setting‘blink-matching-delay’ has no effect)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 16:10:05 +0000

Your bug report

#21286: 25.0.50; Setting blink-matching-delay has no effect

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
21286: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=21286
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#21286: 25.0.50; Setting ‘blink-matching-delay’ has no effect
From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
To: Mark Karpov <[email-masked]>
Cc: Pontus Michael <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], Noah Friedman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 19:08:58 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On 08/18/2015 05:01 PM, Mark Karpov wrote:

> 4. Open some file with long data within parentheses, scroll down so you
>     don't see opening parenthesis.

So this is about the case when you don't see it. You haven't mentioned 
this before.

The behavior you're describing was a recent regression, and it was fixed 
in b892438d7 (yesterday). I've touched up on that fix now, but either 
way should work for you.

Subject: 25.0.50; Setting blink-matching-delay has no effect
From: Mark Karpov <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 18:27:00 +0600
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Setting of ‘blink-matching-delay’ has no effect, neither for floating
point intervals or integer intervals.

  (setq blink-matching-delay 0.5) ; uses 1 second delay
  (setq blink-matching-delay 3)   ; still uses 1 second delay

I looked at source code and it uses ‘sit-for’, which I tested separately
and it works correctly with floating point intervals and other intervals
as well.

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.16 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.16.6)
 of 2015-08-11 on arch
Repository revision: acde89a2088180831e506d0c4255b306a339e291
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11702000
Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: ε

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  rainbow-delimiters-mode: t
  hl-todo-mode: t
  flycheck-mode: t
  flyspell-mode: t
  whitespace-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  minibuffer-electric-default-mode: t
  ido-vertical-mode: t
  ido-ubiquitous-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  highlight-line-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-aggressive-indent-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  ace-popup-menu-mode: t
  smartparens-global-mode: t
  smartparens-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  auto-fill-function: do-auto-fill
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-fill-mode: 1

Recent messages:
Quit
Type "q" in help window to restore its previous buffer.
uncompressing simple.el.gz...done
Note: file is write protected
Mark saved where search started

Quit
Type "q" in help window to restore its previous buffer. [2 times]
nil [4 times]
Type "q" to restore previous buffer.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils eieio-opt
speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe misearch multi-isearch jka-compr
ace-window vc vc-dispatcher haskell-doc inf-haskell haskell-decl-scan
imenu shell pcomplete haskell haskell-completions haskell-load
haskell-commands highlight-uses-mode haskell-modules haskell-sandbox
haskell-repl haskell-debug haskell-interactive-mode
haskell-presentation-mode haskell-collapse haskell-navigate-imports
haskell-compile haskell-process haskell-session url-util url-parse
auth-source gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars json
haskell-indentation haskell-font-lock smartparens-haskell haskell-mode
haskell-string haskell-sort-imports haskell-lexeme haskell-align-imports
haskell-compat haskell-complete-module noutline outline flymake etags
xref project eieio eieio-core compile comint dabbrev ansi-color hl-line
dired help-fns vc-git diff-mode bookmark pp rainbow-delimiters hl-todo
flycheck-haskell haskell-cabal haskell-utils haskell-customize flycheck
find-func rx flyspell ispell whitespace mk-visual solarized-dark-theme
solarized mk-texinfo mk-tex mk-python mk-prolog mk-org mk-markdown
mk-man mk-magit mk-lisp mk-ibuffer mk-haskell mk-gnus mk-eshell mk-erc
mk-elisp mk-dired mk-diff mk-clojure kill-or-bury-alive mk-calendar mk-c
mk-bookmark mk-minor-modes common-lisp-snippets yasnippet cl
whole-line-or-region paren minibuf-eldef ido-vertical-mode
ido-ubiquitous ido-completing-read+ cl-macs gv ido highlight-line
autorevert filenotify cl-seq aggressive-indent easy-mmode time delsel
ace-popup-menu smartparens-config smartparens byte-opt thingatpt
mk-global edmacro kmacro ace-link avy ring misc server mk-utils subr-x f
dash s ucs-normalize finder-inf tex-site fix-word advice slime-autoloads
info bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra help-mode seq cl-loaddefs pcase
cl-lib cconv package easymenu epg-config time-date mule-util tooltip
eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 409823 158788)
 (symbols 48 36045 0)
 (miscs 40 119 415)
 (strings 32 72434 51628)
 (string-bytes 1 2004984)
 (vectors 16 58712)
 (vector-slots 8 1736007 217494)
 (floats 8 398 609)
 (intervals 56 1927 733)
 (buffers 976 17)
 (heap 1024 52387 6206))