Subject: bug#21286: 25.0.50; Setting ‘blink-matching-delay’ has no effect

From: Mark Karpov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 18:55:47 +0600

Setting ‘blink-matching-delay’ has no effect:

  (setq blink-matching-delay 0.5) ; 1 second delay is used
  (setq blink-matching-delay 3)   ; still 1 second delay is used

I read source code and saw that ‘sit-for’ is used to implement
delay. I've tested it and it works with floating point arguments as well
as any integer arguments on my system.

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.16 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.16.6)
 of 2015-08-11 on arch
Repository revision: acde89a2088180831e506d0c4255b306a339e291
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11702000
Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: H

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  interactive-haskell-mode: t
  haskell-indentation-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  hl-todo-mode: t
  flycheck-mode: t
  flyspell-mode: t
  whitespace-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  minibuffer-electric-default-mode: t
  ido-vertical-mode: t
  ido-ubiquitous-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  highlight-line-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-aggressive-indent-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  ace-popup-menu-mode: t
  smartparens-global-mode: t
  smartparens-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  auto-fill-function: do-auto-fill
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-fill-mode: 1

Recent messages:
Reading active file from archive via nnfolder...done
Reading active file via nndraft...done
Checking new news...done
Are you sure you want to quit reading news? (y or n) y
Saving file /home/mark/.newsrc...
Wrote /home/mark/.newsrc
Saving /home/mark/.newsrc.eld...
Saving file /home/mark/.newsrc.eld...
Wrote /home/mark/.newsrc.eld
Saving /home/mark/.newsrc.eld...done

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(browse-url gnus-draft gnus-async gnus-ml disp-table nndraft nnmh
nnfolder utf-7 gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual
gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig mailcap nntp
gnus-cache gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap
nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader wid-edit epa-file epa derived
epg gnutls network-stream nsm starttls tls mailalias smtpmail qp shadow
sort mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils eieio-opt speedbar
sb-image ezimage dframe misearch multi-isearch jka-compr ace-window vc
vc-dispatcher haskell-doc inf-haskell haskell-decl-scan imenu shell
pcomplete haskell haskell-completions haskell-load haskell-commands
highlight-uses-mode haskell-modules haskell-sandbox haskell-repl
haskell-debug haskell-interactive-mode haskell-presentation-mode
haskell-collapse haskell-navigate-imports haskell-compile
haskell-process haskell-session url-util url-parse auth-source gnus-util
mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars json haskell-indentation
haskell-font-lock smartparens-haskell haskell-mode haskell-string
haskell-sort-imports haskell-lexeme haskell-align-imports haskell-compat
haskell-complete-module noutline outline flymake etags xref project
eieio eieio-core compile comint dabbrev ansi-color hl-line dired
help-fns vc-git diff-mode bookmark pp rainbow-delimiters hl-todo
flycheck-haskell haskell-cabal haskell-utils haskell-customize flycheck
find-func rx flyspell ispell whitespace mk-visual solarized-dark-theme
solarized mk-texinfo mk-tex mk-python mk-prolog mk-org mk-markdown
mk-man mk-magit mk-lisp mk-ibuffer mk-haskell mk-gnus mk-eshell mk-erc
mk-elisp mk-dired mk-diff mk-clojure kill-or-bury-alive mk-calendar mk-c
mk-bookmark mk-minor-modes common-lisp-snippets yasnippet cl
whole-line-or-region paren minibuf-eldef ido-vertical-mode
ido-ubiquitous ido-completing-read+ cl-macs gv ido highlight-line
autorevert filenotify cl-seq aggressive-indent easy-mmode time delsel
ace-popup-menu smartparens-config smartparens byte-opt thingatpt
mk-global edmacro kmacro ace-link avy ring misc server mk-utils subr-x f
dash s ucs-normalize finder-inf tex-site fix-word advice slime-autoloads
info bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra help-mode seq cl-loaddefs pcase
cl-lib cconv package easymenu epg-config time-date mule-util tooltip
eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 480903 153698)
 (symbols 48 44382 35)
 (miscs 40 215 1655)
 (strings 32 96076 66922)
 (string-bytes 1 2845438)
 (vectors 16 68692)
 (vector-slots 8 1900428 168005)
 (floats 8 592 1757)
 (intervals 56 2701 733)
 (buffers 976 33)
 (heap 1024 61611 7446))