Subject: bug#21286: closed (Re: bug#21286: 25.0.50; Setting‘blink-matching-delay’ has no effect)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 16:10:03 +0000

Your bug report

#21286: 25.0.50; Setting ‘blink-matching-delay’ has no effect

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
21286: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=21286
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#21286: 25.0.50; Setting ‘blink-matching-delay’ has no effect
From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
To: Mark Karpov <[email-masked]>
Cc: Pontus Michael <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], Noah Friedman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 19:08:58 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On 08/18/2015 05:01 PM, Mark Karpov wrote:

> 4. Open some file with long data within parentheses, scroll down so you
>     don't see opening parenthesis.

So this is about the case when you don't see it. You haven't mentioned 
this before.

The behavior you're describing was a recent regression, and it was fixed 
in b892438d7 (yesterday). I've touched up on that fix now, but either 
way should work for you.

Subject: 25.0.50; Setting ‘blink-matching-delay’has no effect
From: Mark Karpov <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 18:55:47 +0600
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Setting ‘blink-matching-delay’ has no effect:

  (setq blink-matching-delay 0.5) ; 1 second delay is used
  (setq blink-matching-delay 3)   ; still 1 second delay is used

I read source code and saw that ‘sit-for’ is used to implement
delay. I've tested it and it works with floating point arguments as well
as any integer arguments on my system.

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.16 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.16.6)
 of 2015-08-11 on arch
Repository revision: acde89a2088180831e506d0c4255b306a339e291
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11702000
Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: H

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  interactive-haskell-mode: t
  haskell-indentation-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  hl-todo-mode: t
  flycheck-mode: t
  flyspell-mode: t
  whitespace-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  minibuffer-electric-default-mode: t
  ido-vertical-mode: t
  ido-ubiquitous-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  highlight-line-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-aggressive-indent-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  ace-popup-menu-mode: t
  smartparens-global-mode: t
  smartparens-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  auto-fill-function: do-auto-fill
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-fill-mode: 1

Recent messages:
Reading active file from archive via nnfolder...done
Reading active file via nndraft...done
Checking new news...done
Are you sure you want to quit reading news? (y or n) y
Saving file /home/mark/.newsrc...
Wrote /home/mark/.newsrc
Saving /home/mark/.newsrc.eld...
Saving file /home/mark/.newsrc.eld...
Wrote /home/mark/.newsrc.eld
Saving /home/mark/.newsrc.eld...done

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(browse-url gnus-draft gnus-async gnus-ml disp-table nndraft nnmh
nnfolder utf-7 gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual
gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig mailcap nntp
gnus-cache gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap
nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader wid-edit epa-file epa derived
epg gnutls network-stream nsm starttls tls mailalias smtpmail qp shadow
sort mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils eieio-opt speedbar
sb-image ezimage dframe misearch multi-isearch jka-compr ace-window vc
vc-dispatcher haskell-doc inf-haskell haskell-decl-scan imenu shell
pcomplete haskell haskell-completions haskell-load haskell-commands
highlight-uses-mode haskell-modules haskell-sandbox haskell-repl
haskell-debug haskell-interactive-mode haskell-presentation-mode
haskell-collapse haskell-navigate-imports haskell-compile
haskell-process haskell-session url-util url-parse auth-source gnus-util
mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars json haskell-indentation
haskell-font-lock smartparens-haskell haskell-mode haskell-string
haskell-sort-imports haskell-lexeme haskell-align-imports haskell-compat
haskell-complete-module noutline outline flymake etags xref project
eieio eieio-core compile comint dabbrev ansi-color hl-line dired
help-fns vc-git diff-mode bookmark pp rainbow-delimiters hl-todo
flycheck-haskell haskell-cabal haskell-utils haskell-customize flycheck
find-func rx flyspell ispell whitespace mk-visual solarized-dark-theme
solarized mk-texinfo mk-tex mk-python mk-prolog mk-org mk-markdown
mk-man mk-magit mk-lisp mk-ibuffer mk-haskell mk-gnus mk-eshell mk-erc
mk-elisp mk-dired mk-diff mk-clojure kill-or-bury-alive mk-calendar mk-c
mk-bookmark mk-minor-modes common-lisp-snippets yasnippet cl
whole-line-or-region paren minibuf-eldef ido-vertical-mode
ido-ubiquitous ido-completing-read+ cl-macs gv ido highlight-line
autorevert filenotify cl-seq aggressive-indent easy-mmode time delsel
ace-popup-menu smartparens-config smartparens byte-opt thingatpt
mk-global edmacro kmacro ace-link avy ring misc server mk-utils subr-x f
dash s ucs-normalize finder-inf tex-site fix-word advice slime-autoloads
info bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra help-mode seq cl-loaddefs pcase
cl-lib cconv package easymenu epg-config time-date mule-util tooltip
eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 480903 153698)
 (symbols 48 44382 35)
 (miscs 40 215 1655)
 (strings 32 96076 66922)
 (string-bytes 1 2845438)
 (vectors 16 68692)
 (vector-slots 8 1900428 168005)
 (floats 8 592 1757)
 (intervals 56 2701 733)
 (buffers 976 33)
 (heap 1024 61611 7446))