Subject: Re: bug#21286: 25.0.50; Setting ‘blink-matching-delay’ has no effect

From: Mark Karpov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 20:01:28 +0600

Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 08/18/2015 03:55 PM, Mark Karpov wrote:
>>
>> Setting ‘blink-matching-delay’ has no effect:
>>
>>    (setq blink-matching-delay 0.5) ; 1 second delay is used
>>    (setq blink-matching-delay 3)   ; still 1 second delay is used
>
> Works fine here. I see an appropriate delay as set above.
>
> Try reproducing it starting with 'emacs -Q'.

Doesn't work for me even with ‘emacs -Q’. Are you sure you are seeing
0.5 second delay?

Here is how I test it:

1. Start Emacs with ‘-Q’ flag.

2. Evaluate:

  (setq blink-matching-delay 0.5)

3. Re-check its value and description: ‘C-h v blink-matching-delay RET’.

4. Open some file with long data within parentheses, scroll down so you
   don't see opening parenthesis.

5. Delete closing parenthesis and type it manually.

6. Period of time for which opening parenthesis is shown is always 1
   second. You can set it to 5 seconds, it will be 1 second no matter
   what.