Subject: bug#21281: 25.0.50.1 (getenv "HOSTNAME") fails

From: Andreas Röhler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2015 11:18:40 +0200

Am 17.08.2015 um 11:07 schrieb Zack Piper:
> On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 10:58:49AM +0200, Andreas Röhler wrote:
>> echo $HOSTNAME from Bash withing Emacs  is fine
> Could you show us the output of "which emacs" it could be that emacs
> is being run under a wrapper somehow, it's a low possibility but can
> still happen.
>

# which emacs

tells

/usr/bin/emacs

Which is _not_ the emacs reported.

However, error occurs there too.

But another strange thing herewith:

C-u emacs-version says

GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.7) of 2014-03-07 
on toyol, modified by Debian

where "toyol" if definitely not the HOSTNAME - and never set by me...

Thanks!