Subject: 25.0.50; char-fold search is a screw, and I can't see how to disable

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2015 01:04:08 -0400

It is a screw that char-fold isearch treats space and NL as equivalent.
They do not look alike.  Please disconnect them.

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.23)
 of 2015-08-12 on freetop
Repository revision: 79a169684dfad2c0bbb9fdbae539c1f30d9f0ac3
System Description:	Trisquel GNU/Linux 7.0, Belenos

Configured using:
 `configure 'CFLAGS=-g -O0''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS NOTIFY
LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK2 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Help

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  gpm-mouse-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Recent messages:
Mark set
Mark saved where search started [7 times]
Quit
Type C-x 1 to delete the help window, C-M-v to scroll help.
Mark saved where search started [2 times]
Auto-saving...
Mark saved where search started
Making completion list...
Quit
C-x 4 C-g is undefined

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe find-func novice vc
vc-dispatcher vc-git bug-reference add-log pp shadow emacsbug
parse-time vc-cvs etags thingatpt xref project cal-move cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs wid-edit battery sgml-mode epa-file rmailkwd
ispell epa-mail epa derived epg diff-mode easy-mmode diff dired-aux
sh-script smie executable quail rmailsum conf-mode rmailout shr-color
color url-util url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cl-extra seq cconv eieio-core cl-macs gv gnus-util
password-cache url-vars shr dom subr-x browse-url misearch
multi-isearch dabbrev shell pcomplete grep compile comint ansi-color
ring mailalias qp rmailmm message sendmail format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
mail-parse rfc2231 rmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util help-fns
help-mode cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib mail-prsvr mail-utils dired t-mouse
view time-date paren cus-start cus-load advice finder-inf package
easymenu epg-config mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face
macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 387608 101135)
 (symbols 24 28231 3)
 (miscs 20 5511 4232)
 (strings 16 51815 17926)
 (string-bytes 1 1899171)
 (vectors 8 31455)
 (vector-slots 4 1538023 39042)
 (floats 8 453 880)
 (intervals 28 70732 2674)
 (buffers 520 156)
 (heap 1024 23258 2927))
[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation (gnu.org, fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (internethalloffame.org)
Skype: No way! See stallman.org/skype.html.