Subject: bug#21278: char-fold isearch: space and newline still broken

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2021 23:09:36 -0400

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

I am running master from May 11 and the failure still happens.

I put this text from your message in my buffer:

    As far as I can tell, char-fold isearch doesn't conflate space and
    newline, so I guess that Artur's changes fixed this issue?  But the bug
    report was left open, so I'm closing it now.  If I misunderstood, please
    respond to the debbugs address and we'll reopen.

I put point on "As far", a few lines above here, and type C-s and SPC.
It finds the "and" at the end of the line together with the newline
and spaces.  This buffer is in Mail mode.

However, when I insert the same text in *scratch*, the bug does not
happen there.

I don't know when I reported that bug, and I can't find the message
I originally sent without knowing the approximate date.

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman (https://stallman.org)
Chief GNUisance of the GNU Project (https://gnu.org)
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)