Subject: Re: bug#21278: char-fold isearch: space and newline

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2021 09:04:11 +0200

Richard Stallman <[email-masked]> writes:

> It is a screw that char-fold isearch treats space and NL as equivalent.
> They do not look alike.  Please disconnect them.

Artur Malabarba <[email-masked]> writes:

>> I guess this code is not necessary for char-fold search, but to
>> double-check I'm looking at this problem now.
>
> Indeed, it's not necessary. The problem is that I was under the impression
> that that lax variable referred to lax-whitespace, so I coded some things on
> that assumption. 
>
> I've fixed that mistake now.

As far as I can tell, char-fold isearch doesn't conflate space and
newline, so I guess that Artur's changes fixed this issue?  But the bug
report was left open, so I'm closing it now.  If I misunderstood, please
respond to the debbugs address and we'll reopen.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no