Subject: bug#21277: 25.0.50; char-fold search is a screw, and I can't see how to disable

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2015 23:41:55 -0400

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

  > That has nothing to do with char-fold, this feature already exists since
  > 24.3 and is called lax-whitespace.

If char-fold really only affects ASCII and Unicode lookalikes, is it
important enough to be worth mentioning in the echo area?  If not,
let's delete it from the echo area.

Does anyone really want to disable it?

On the other hand, lax whitespace search by default is a drastic
change.  That should be listed in the echo area, and its default
should be nil.

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation (gnu.org, fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (internethalloffame.org)
Skype: No way! See stallman.org/skype.html.