Subject: 25.0.50; Hyper remapping no longer works on Windows

From: Aankhen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2015 15:00:05 +0530

1. emacs -Q
2. Evaluate:
  (setq w32-lwindow-modifier 'hyper
        w32-pass-lwindow-to-system nil)

  (global-set-key (kbd "H-k") 'kill-word)
3. H-k

Expected: `kill-word' executed
Actual: `k' inserted

This fixes the problem: (setq w32-use-fallback-wm-chars-method t)

Confirmed on Windows 7 and 8.1.  The same configuration worked on Emacs
24.3 and 24.5, respectively.

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.1 (x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2015-08-11 on KAEL
Repository revision: 21e1673be3738fb79bd92cf8bd003d86ac51130b
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/z/emacs --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32
 --target=x86_64-w64-mingw32 --build=x86_64-w64-mingw32 --with-wide-int
 --with-jpeg --with-xpm --with-png --with-tiff --with-rsvg --with-xml2
 --with-gnutls --with-sound=yes --with-file-notification=yes
 --without-dbus --without-imagemagick 'CFLAGS=-O3 -fomit-frame-pointer
 -g0 -pipe' 'LDFLAGS=-static-libgcc -static-libstdc++ -static -s
 -Wl,-s''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENU
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Type C-x 1 to delete the help window.

nil
hyper

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message dired format-spec
rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils cl-extra seq help-fns help-mode easymenu
cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp
disp-table w32-win w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote w32notify w32 multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 83639 6760)
 (symbols 56 18868 0)
 (miscs 48 42 84)
 (strings 32 14247 4632)
 (string-bytes 1 387884)
 (vectors 16 11190)
 (vector-slots 8 398348 3684)
 (floats 8 123 300)
 (intervals 56 260 43)
 (buffers 976 11))