Subject: 25.0.50; epa doesn't understand GPG's default-key option

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2015 09:12:12 -0400

Someone sent me gpg-encrypted mail using the throw-keyids option,
which I think means it doesn't say which person each key belongs to.
The result was I was asked for a passphrase for each key until
mine came up.

I'm told the recommend way to deal with receiving such mail
is to specify default-key in gpg.conf.  I have that setting,
so it looks like EPA doesn't recognize it.

That is the bug.

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.23)
 of 2015-08-12 on freetop
Repository revision: 79a169684dfad2c0bbb9fdbae539c1f30d9f0ac3
System Description:	Trisquel GNU/Linux 7.0, Belenos

Configured using:
 `configure 'CFLAGS=-g -O0''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS NOTIFY
LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK2 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: RMAIL

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  gpm-mouse-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Recent messages:
Scanning for dabbrevs...done
Expansion found in 'RMAIL'
Quit
Scanning for dabbrevs...done
Expansion found in 'RMAIL'
Sending...
Wrote /home/rms/outgoing/out-4
Sending...done
Mark set
Quit

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug parse-time vc-cvs etags thingatpt xref project
cal-move cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs wid-edit battery sgml-mode
epa-file rmailkwd ispell epa-mail epa derived epg diff-mode easy-mmode
diff dired-aux sh-script smie executable quail rmailsum conf-mode
rmailout shr-color color url-util url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio
byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra seq cconv eieio-core cl-macs
gv gnus-util password-cache url-vars shr dom subr-x browse-url
misearch multi-isearch dabbrev shell pcomplete grep compile comint
ansi-color ring mailalias qp rmailmm message sendmail format-spec
rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader mail-parse rfc2231 rmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
help-fns help-mode cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib mail-prsvr mail-utils
dired t-mouse view time-date paren cus-start cus-load advice
finder-inf package easymenu epg-config mule-util tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese
eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button
faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 372450 84872)
 (symbols 24 27198 1)
 (miscs 20 4913 4318)
 (strings 16 49104 16794)
 (string-bytes 1 1440643)
 (vectors 8 29816)
 (vector-slots 4 1519061 39942)
 (floats 8 461 752)
 (intervals 28 68952 2767)
 (buffers 520 139)
 (heap 1024 20780 4381))
[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation (gnu.org, fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (internethalloffame.org)
Skype: No way! See stallman.org/skype.html.