Subject: Re: bug#21261: 24.5; libxml2 not found on windows even when the .dll file is in the bin folder

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2015 10:17:33 +0300

> From: [email-masked]
> Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 18:46:05 -0500
> 
> On Windows 8.1 when trying to use the eww browser (for example, by
> hitting M-x eww RET google.com RET), I get libxml2 not found. I have the
> libxml2 .dll (downloaded from ezwinport) in my emacs/bin folder.

I'm guessing what you have in emacs/bin is libxml2-2.dll, not
libxml2.dll, yes?  The package on ezwinports has libxml2-2.dll.

If indeed you have libxml2-2.dll there, this probably means some DLL
on which libxml2-2.dll is dependent is either missing or overwritten
by an incompatible version.  libxml2-2.dll depends on libiconv-2.dll,
so make sure this DLL in the emacs/bin folder is the same that comes
with the libxml2-2.7.8-w32-bin.zip archive you downloaded from the
ezwinports site.

If the above doesn't help, run the dependency checker on
libxml2-2.dll, and see which other DLLs in what directories it picks
up.  If you don't have the dependency checker installed, you can find
it here:

  http://www.dependencywalker.com/