Subject: bug#21261: 24.5; libxml2 not found on windows even when the .dll file is in the bin folder

From: Greg Yang <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2015 11:07:03 -0500

OK it turns out I did have libxml2.dll, not libxml2-2.dll. I thought I
downloaded the package from ezwinports, but I actually didn't (and I don't
know where I downloaded the binaries for libxml2.dll from). Downloading
from ezwinports fixed the issue.

Thanks!

On Sat, Aug 15, 2015 at 2:17 AM, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > From: [email-masked]
> > Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 18:46:05 -0500
> >
> > On Windows 8.1 when trying to use the eww browser (for example, by
> > hitting M-x eww RET google.com RET), I get libxml2 not found. I have the
> > libxml2 .dll (downloaded from ezwinport) in my emacs/bin folder.
>
> I'm guessing what you have in emacs/bin is libxml2-2.dll, not
> libxml2.dll, yes?  The package on ezwinports has libxml2-2.dll.
>
> If indeed you have libxml2-2.dll there, this probably means some DLL
> on which libxml2-2.dll is dependent is either missing or overwritten
> by an incompatible version.  libxml2-2.dll depends on libiconv-2.dll,
> so make sure this DLL in the emacs/bin folder is the same that comes
> with the libxml2-2.7.8-w32-bin.zip archive you downloaded from the
> ezwinports site.
>
> If the above doesn't help, run the dependency checker on
> libxml2-2.dll, and see which other DLLs in what directories it picks
> up.  If you don't have the dependency checker installed, you can find
> it here:
>
>   http://www.dependencywalker.com/
>
>