Subject: bug#21258: nnmaildir and subdirectories

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2017 22:17:50 +0100

Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> writes:

> I suppose I can fudge it by
>
> 1) using symlinks at the top-level, eg
> folder3-subfolder4 -> folder3/subfolder4
>
> 2) tweaking nnmaildir's directory-files parameter so that directories
> like "folder3" that only contain subfolders aren't presented as groups.
>
> But it would be nice if Gnus just handled subdirectories out-of-the-box.

I'm not familiar with the nnmaildir code at all, but wouldn't nnmaildir
have to stat a whole lot of files if it were to find all possible
directories?  And "maildir" is a specific format specified by
maildir(5).  (Which I haven't read, either.  :-))

So my guess is that this wouldn't be a good idea.  It sounds like you
want nnmh or nnml, not nnmaildir, really...

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no