Subject: bug#21255: 24.5; Buggy fringe display on Mac

From: Yutian Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2015 23:33:53 +0800

I'm using Emacs for Mac OS X (http://emacsformacosx.com/) on OS X
10.10.4.

As the screenshot (http://i.imgur.com/bdRS465.png) shows, the fringe
misses a left border.

On Linux with GTK+2, the fringe works as expected (in plugin `diff-hl`).

In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0, NS apple-appkit-1265.21)
of 2015-04-11 on builder10-9.porkrind.org
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1348
Configured using:
`configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/site-lisp''

Important settings:
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  global-diff-hl-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
, is undefined
x is undefined
Quit

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils diff-hl vc-dir ewoc vc vc-dispatcher
diff-mode easy-mmode info easymenu package epg-config time-date tooltip
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
cocoa ns multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 92784 7189)
(symbols 48 19343 0)
(miscs 40 78 119)
(strings 32 17834 5044)
(string-bytes 1 610101)
(vectors 16 10961)
(vector-slots 8 393914 5561)
(floats 8 61 64)
(intervals 56 214 0)
(buffers 960 12))