Subject: Re: Broken link of the the International Register of Coded Character Sets

From: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 17:49:25 -0700

I fixed the broken link by installing the attached.  Thanks for letting us know.
>From f9760b52fac615bf9d67ec81841d5e7e5dc332f1 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 17:46:04 -0700
Subject: [PATCH] Fix broken URLs for ISO-IR

* doc/emacs/mule.texi (Charsets):
* lisp/international/mule-conf.el:
Fix broken URL (Bug#21248).
---
 doc/emacs/mule.texi             | 9 ++++++---
 lisp/international/mule-conf.el | 4 +++-
 2 files changed, 9 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

diff --git a/doc/emacs/mule.texi b/doc/emacs/mule.texi
index 5a166d1..909c866 100644
--- a/doc/emacs/mule.texi
+++ b/doc/emacs/mule.texi
@@ -1733,9 +1733,12 @@ internal representation within Emacs.
 @findex list-character-sets
   @kbd{M-x list-character-sets} displays a list of all supported
 charsets.  The list gives the names of charsets and additional
-information to identity each charset; see the
-@url{http://www.itscj.ipsj.or.jp/ISO-IR/, International Register of
-Coded Character Sets} for more details.  In this list,
+information to identity each charset; for more details, see the
+@url{https://www.itscj.ipsj.or.jp/itscj_english/iso-ir/ISO-IR.pdf,
+International Register of Coded Character Sets} maintained by
+the @url{https://www.itscj.ipsj.or.jp/itscj_english/,
+Information Processing Society of Japan/Information Technology
+Standards Commission of Japan (IPSJ/ITSCJ)}.  In this list,
 charsets are divided into two categories: @dfn{normal charsets} are
 listed first, followed by @dfn{supplementary charsets}.  A
 supplementary charset is one that is used to define another charset
diff --git a/lisp/international/mule-conf.el b/lisp/international/mule-conf.el
index 3308dbd..babb83b 100644
--- a/lisp/international/mule-conf.el
+++ b/lisp/international/mule-conf.el
@@ -35,7 +35,9 @@
 
 ;;; Remarks
 
-;; The ISO-IR registry is at http://www.itscj.ipsj.or.jp/ISO-IR/.
+;; The ISO-IR registry is maintained by the Information Processing
+;; Society of Japan/Information Technology Standards Commission of
+;; Japan (IPSJ/ITSCJ) at https://www.itscj.ipsj.or.jp/itscj_english/.
 ;; Standards docs equivalent to iso-2022 and iso-8859 are at
 ;; http://www.ecma.ch/.
 
-- 
2.1.0