Subject: bug#21248: closed (Re: Broken link of the the International Register of Coded Character Sets)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2015 00:50:03 +0000

Your bug report

#21248: Broken link of the the International Register of Coded Character Sets

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
21248: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=21248
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: Broken link of the the International Register of Coded Character Sets
From: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
To: Xue Fuqiao <[email-masked]>
Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 17:49:25 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I fixed the broken link by installing the attached.  Thanks for letting us know.
>From f9760b52fac615bf9d67ec81841d5e7e5dc332f1 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 17:46:04 -0700
Subject: [PATCH] Fix broken URLs for ISO-IR

* doc/emacs/mule.texi (Charsets):
* lisp/international/mule-conf.el:
Fix broken URL (Bug#21248).
---
 doc/emacs/mule.texi             | 9 ++++++---
 lisp/international/mule-conf.el | 4 +++-
 2 files changed, 9 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

diff --git a/doc/emacs/mule.texi b/doc/emacs/mule.texi
index 5a166d1..909c866 100644
--- a/doc/emacs/mule.texi
+++ b/doc/emacs/mule.texi
@@ -1733,9 +1733,12 @@ internal representation within Emacs.
 @findex list-character-sets
   @kbd{M-x list-character-sets} displays a list of all supported
 charsets.  The list gives the names of charsets and additional
-information to identity each charset; see the
-@url{http://www.itscj.ipsj.or.jp/ISO-IR/, International Register of
-Coded Character Sets} for more details.  In this list,
+information to identity each charset; for more details, see the
+@url{https://www.itscj.ipsj.or.jp/itscj_english/iso-ir/ISO-IR.pdf,
+International Register of Coded Character Sets} maintained by
+the @url{https://www.itscj.ipsj.or.jp/itscj_english/,
+Information Processing Society of Japan/Information Technology
+Standards Commission of Japan (IPSJ/ITSCJ)}.  In this list,
 charsets are divided into two categories: @dfn{normal charsets} are
 listed first, followed by @dfn{supplementary charsets}.  A
 supplementary charset is one that is used to define another charset
diff --git a/lisp/international/mule-conf.el b/lisp/international/mule-conf.el
index 3308dbd..babb83b 100644
--- a/lisp/international/mule-conf.el
+++ b/lisp/international/mule-conf.el
@@ -35,7 +35,9 @@
 
 ;;; Remarks
 
-;; The ISO-IR registry is at http://www.itscj.ipsj.or.jp/ISO-IR/.
+;; The ISO-IR registry is maintained by the Information Processing
+;; Society of Japan/Information Technology Standards Commission of
+;; Japan (IPSJ/ITSCJ) at https://www.itscj.ipsj.or.jp/itscj_english/.
 ;; Standards docs equivalent to iso-2022 and iso-8859 are at
 ;; http://www.ecma.ch/.
 
-- 
2.1.0

Subject: Broken link of the the International Register of Coded Character Sets
From: Xue Fuqiao <[email-masked]>
To: bug-gnu-emacs <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2015 18:31:08 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

In doc/emacs/mule.texi:

  @kbd{M-x list-character-sets} displays a list of all supported
  charsets.  The list gives the names of charsets and additional
  information to identity each charset; see the
  @url{http://www.itscj.ipsj.or.jp/ISO-IR/, International Register of
  Coded Character Sets} for more details.

The URI above is broken (404).