Subject: bug#21226: FAIL: tests/containers.scm

From: "Thompson, David" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 08:41:54 -0400

Hello Jochem,

On Sun, Aug 9, 2015 at 4:12 PM, Jochem Raat <[email-masked]> wrote:
> During the running of make check on the guix 0.8.3 source tarball,
> test/containers.scm failed. I don't know enough about guix to understand
> why, but the manual said to report it to this email-adress. Please tell
> me if you need me to do more tests.
>
> Attached are the test-suite.log and containers.log.

Fixed in commit bc459b6, which skips the tests if /proc/self/setgroups
does not exist, rather than allowing a system with a vulnerable kernel
create containers with a new user namespace.

I would like to note that you should update your kernel as soon as
possible, as the lack of /proc/self/setgroups means that you are
running a kernel with a known security vulnerability.  The fix was
introduced in Linux 3.19, but backported to many older kernels,
including 3.13.

Thanks,

- Dave