Subject: bug#21216: glibc and linux-libre-headers

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 21:23:40 +0200

Danny Milosavljevic <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I installed GuixSD recently and ran into the same problem as there:
>
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-guix/2013-02/msg00032.html
>
> Installing linux-libre-headers manually did help, but shouldn't it
> happen automatically?

Nowadays, unlike in Feb. 2013, linux-libre-headers is a “propagated
input” of glibc: when glibc is installed in a profile,
linux-libre-headers is automatically installed as well.  So there
shouldn’t be any problems.

However, instead of installing the ‘glibc’ package, you may want to
install the ‘gcc-toolchain’ package, which provides all the tools needed
to do software development (GCC, libc, Binutils, the ‘ld wrapper’, etc.)

Can you report back?

Thanks,
Ludo’.