Subject: Re: bug#21214: symlinks cc -> gcc, lex -> flex etcetc

From: Danny Milosavljevic <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 15:29:54 +0200

Hello,

On Tue, 18 Aug 2015 21:19:43 +0200
[email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès) wrote:

> Danny Milosavljevic <[email-masked]> skribis:
> In practice most software build systems will look for both ‘cc’ and
> ‘gcc’.  For those who don’t, it’s usually easy to specify an alternate
> compiler name, for instance via ‘make’ flags (there are several
> examples of that in the packages.)

Yes it is. 

I'm just slowly documenting all the problems I encountered while
trying GuixSD on a X200. 

This was one of the first: I checked out
cbfstool from coreboot in order to swap Fn and Ctrl and tried to make
it, but it didn't find "cc" and then got stuck in an endless loop
(which is a problem in coreboot, also reported there as
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.bios/81588 ).

> If that’s fine with you, I’ll close this bug.

That's okay. If it already was discussed that's fine. 

With kind regards,
   Danny