Subject: bug#21202: 24.5; minor mode lighter freezes emacs

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2019 22:14:51 +0200

Leo Liu <[email-masked]> writes:

> Be carefully with the following steps; you might have to force-kill
> emacs.
>
> 1. (define-minor-mode ifreeze () :lighter (:propertize " IF" error))
> 2. M-x ifreeze
>
> Made a typo there in the :lighter and was surprised to see no amount of
> C-g can save emacs :(

(I'm going through old bug reports that have unfortunately not gotten
any responses.)

I'm unable to reproduce this bug in Emacs 27, so I'm guessing that it's
been fixed in the intervening years, and I'm closing this bug report.
If it's still present, please reopen.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no