Subject: bug#212: 23.0.60; incorrect links in GDB info

From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 12:41:37 +0200

Hello!

Node "32.6.5.4 Stack Buffer" starts with this paragraph:

	The stack buffer displays a "call stack", with one line for each of the
	nested subroutine calls ("stack frames") now active in the program.
	*Note Backtraces: (gdb)Backtrace.

The Backtraces link is incorrect:

	Info-find-file: Info file gdb does not exist

There are a lot more "(gdb)" related links.

In GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (powerpc-apple-darwin8.11.0, X toolkit, Xaw3d  
scroll bars)
  of 2008-05-10 on Latsche.local
Windowing system distributor `The XFree86 Project, Inc', version  
11.0.40400000
configured using `configure  '--without-sound' '--without-pop' '-- 
with-dbus' '--with-libotf' '--with-x-toolkit=athena' '--enable- 
locallisppath=/Library/Application Support/Emacs/calendar23:/Library/ 
Application Support/Emacs/caml:/Library/Application Support/Emacs:/sw/ 
share/emacs21/site-lisp/elib' 'PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/sw/lib/freetype219/ 
lib/pkgconfig:/sw/lib/fontconfig2/lib/pkgconfig:/sw/lib/qt4-x11/lib/ 
pkgconfig:/sw/lib/pkgconfig:/sw/share/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig:/ 
usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/X11R6/lib/pkgconfig' 'CFLAGS=-ggdb - 
gfull -H -Wno-pointer-sign -bind_at_load -pipe -fPIC -mcpu=7450 - 
mtune=7450 -mno-powerpc64 -fast -mpim-altivec -ftree-vectorize -fno- 
crossjumping' 'CPPFLAGS=-no-cpp-precomp -I/sw/include -I/usr/local/ 
include -idirafter /usr/X11R6/include' 'LDFLAGS=-bind_at_load - 
dead_strip -multiply_defined suppress -L/sw/lib/ncurses -L/sw/lib -L/ 
usr/local/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib''

Important settings:
   value of $LC_ALL: nil
   value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
   value of $LC_CTYPE: de_DE.UTF-8
   value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
   value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
   value of $LC_TIME: nil
   value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
   value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
   default-enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Info

Minor modes in effect:
   tooltip-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   global-auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-h i m e m a c s <return>
C-s g d b <return> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-2>
n n n n <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-2> n n n
<help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-2> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<menu-bar> <help-menu> <send-emacs-bug-report>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Composing main Info directory...done
Mark saved where search started
Info-find-file: Info file gdb does not exist

--
Greetings

   Pete

These are my principles and if you don't like them... well, I have  
others.
				- Groucho Marx