Subject: Re: bug#21188: Preview installed from the package manager changes LaTeX-mode-hook

From: Arash Esbati <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 20:47:52 +0200

Mosè Giordano <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Mosè,

> 2015-08-10 22:37 GMT+02:00 Arash Esbati <[email-masked]>:
> 
>> Thanks, I updated AUCTeX and the error (not warning) is gone.  I will
>> check this on my other box this weekend.  I wonder why this happened to
>> me while you and Mosè do not have this issue.
>
> I'm curious too, thanks for looking into it.  I can reproduce your
> error only if I load `auctex' but don't load `preview-latex' and then
> run `TeX-LaTeX-mode', but opening a LaTeX files works flawless even
> without loading `preview-latex' (and before Tassilo's last commit).

I tried it again and also with a fresh compiled emacs 25.0.50 from
today.  But the issue remains.  I have no idea what's going wrong.  But
with the last patch from Tassilo it works smooth again.  So I think we
can close this one.

> Could you please remove the "Mail-Followup-To: [email-masked]"
> cookie from your emails?  This setting would open a new bug report for
> everyone replying to you ;-)

I read and post to this list through Gmane.  I think that cookie is
inserted by Gmane since I have no prerequisite to insert that in my
Gnus.  I will investigate if there is a way to avoid it.  Meanwhile, I
will try to reduce my contributions to this list to a minimum ;-) (I
have one bug report coming, though)

Best, Arash