Subject: bug#21184: 25.0.5; Use a monospace font the keybind descriptions on the menu-bar

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2019 22:19:11 +0200

Artur Malabarba <[email-masked]> writes:

> In the menu-bar menus, next to most entries is listed a keybind that
> can be used to invoke that command. This keybind, like the rest of the
> menu, is shown in a variable-width font.
>
> IMO it would be best (if possible) to use a monospace font on the
> keybinds. This should look better because they would be vertically
> aligned, and because (unlike the rest of the menu) the key descriptors
> represent data, not prose.

(I'm going through old bug reports that have unfortunately not gotten
any responses.)

The key bindings (now at least) are right-aligned, and are usually of
different lengths anyway, so I think showing them in `variable-pitch'
font makes sense (and looks nice).  So I'm closing this bug report.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no