Subject: Re: bug#21145: 24.4; package update gives tls errors

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 18:34:03 +0300

> From: Rustom Mody <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 19:24:53 +0530
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
> 
> In the spirit of Artur's 'uneducated guess' I too found this described
> all over with no solutions.
> So my uneducated response was to inform that the problem seems to
> remain and now closer to
> emacs-core as package moves there.

GnuTLS is not part of Emacs.  If on your platform it is part of the
Emacs package, that is a decision of whoever packages Emacs on that
system.  Nevertheless, GnuTLS is a separate project developed outside
of Emacs; Emacs just uses it.

> If Eli feels that my reporting it to gnutls will help I'll try doing
> it; but frankly Ive no frigging clue what gnutls is and think that
> its *users* (viz emacs-devs) should report.

GnuTLS is a library, its home page is here:

  http://www.gnutls.org/

and its bug reporting address is [email-masked].

> Still...
> If you (Eli) want me to report it I'll try doing so

Yes, please.  I cannot report a problem I can't reproduce, because I
will be unable to answer any questions GnuTLS developers might wish to
ask me.