Subject: bug#21142: Sshfs-fuse requires fuse

From: Claes Wallin (韋嘉誠) <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2015 17:41:20 +0100

On Nov 29, 2015 3:58 PM, "Ludovic Courtès" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> >> However, we explicitly patch it because in practice the ‘fusermount’
> >> binary must be at least set-user-gid to fuse, per mount.fuse(8):
> > [ . . . ]
> >> On GuixSD, this is addressed by having ‘fusermount’ setuid-root in
> >> /run/setuid-programs, so things just work.

You mean under GuixSD this works automagically? Or only if fuse is
installed globally and indicated as setuid? (I forget how that works, but
I'll look into it, no need to describe in detail here)

> > Ok, that's pretty clear then. Is this clear somewhere in the
documentation?
> > Otherwise I suppose we should fix that.
>
> Regarding foreign distros, I suppose we could add a paragraph about FUSE
> under “Application Setup”?  Would you like to submit a patch against
> guix.texi?

I would like to. I'll see when I get around to it, hopefully around New
Year's.

-- 
   /c