Subject: bug#21140: 25.0.50; Isearch "char-fold" by default

From: Sebastien Vauban <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2015 11:01:57 +0200

Juri Linkov <[email-masked]> writes:
>>> In case of case-folding the parameter names used in isearch messages are:
>>> “case-sensitive” and “case-insensitive”.
>>>
>>> By analogy, can we use: “char-sensitive” and “char-insensitive”?
>>
>> I doubt that will be clear to users, since no one else calls this by
>> that name.  "Folding" is the accepted terminology, though perhaps
>> "char-fold" is also slightly unclear.  How about just "Fold"?
>
> “Fold” is too broad.  “Char-fold” is more concise and seems is
> the accepted terminology, e.g.
> https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/guide/current/character-folding.html
> http://userguide.icu-project.org/transforms/casemappings
> Or does Unicode.org have a better name?  I can find only this draft
> http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr30/tr30-4.html

Didn't know about the term (and the functionality) "char-folding". If
that's somehow "official" or "standard", let's keep it. BTW, is this
implemented in other editors?  How do they call that functionality?

No, the question is: where to put those "toggles"?  In the prompt, in
the modeline or nowhere?

Best regards,
  Seb

-- 
Sebastien Vauban