Subject: 25.0.50; Emacs on Windows crashes evaluating x-frame-geometry in batch mode

From: [email-masked] (Francis Litterio)
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2015 12:03:42 -0400

Emacs built from the latest source on Windows crashes when invoked
as follows:

  emacs.exe -Q -batch --eval="(x-frame-geometry (selected-frame))"

This is consistently reproduceable.
--
Fran Litterio
flitterio -at- gmail.com

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.4 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2015-06-30 on PUPPY
Repository revision: 5f004117f5bcab9171eaddb2867393ed69ae49bf
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=c:/apps/emacs --without-x --without-xpm
 --without-png --without-jpeg --without-tiff --without-gif'

Configured features:
SOUND NOTIFY ACL TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: C.ISO-8859-1
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Text

Minor modes in effect:
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-track-minor-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  auto-fill-function: do-auto-fill
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Recent messages:
This is a test
Type C-x 1 to remove help window.  
Quit [2 times]
Buffer buried.
Type "q" to delete help window.
Saving file c:/franl/todo.txt...
Wrote c:/franl/todo.txt
Mark set [2 times]
Quit
Type C-x 1 to remove help window.  
report-emacs-bug is on <menu-bar> <help-menu> <send-emacs-bug-report>

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow mail-extr emacsbug debug jka-compr eieio-opt speedbar sb-image
ezimage dframe find-func conf-mode sh-script smie executable edmacro
kmacro misearch multi-isearch server sort gnus-draft gnus-agent
gnus-srvr nnvirtual nndraft nnmh gnus-msg gnus-cite canlock gnus-art
mm-uu mml2015 epg-config mm-view mml-smime smime dig mailcap gnus-async
gnus-score score-mode gnus-cache gnus-sum fpl-moo fpl-react erc-notify
erc-truncate erc-log erc-dcc erc-list erc-menu erc-join erc-ring
erc-networks erc-pcomplete erc-track erc-match erc-button erc-fill
erc-stamp erc-netsplit erc-goodies erc erc-backend erc-compat thingatpt
help-mode source-safe ediff-merg ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-mult
ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util ediff grep python json ielm pp
sgml-mode csharp-mode cc-langs cl smtpmail sendmail nntp gnus-group
gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc
parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message rfc822 mml mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win nnoo gnus gnus-ems
nnheader mail-utils wid-edit etags xref vc vc-dispatcher dired-aux hexl
smerge-mode diff-mode easy-mmode paren man info compile apropos tramp
tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver format-spec advice saveplace
icomplete savehist browse-url shell pcomplete warnings arc-mode
archive-mode ange-ftp socks network-stream nsm auth-source cl-macs
cl-seq eieio byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra seq cconv
eieio-core cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib gnus-util mm-util help-fns
mail-prsvr password-cache starttls tls dired cc-mode cc-fonts easymenu
cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs
comint ansi-color ring calc-ext calc calc-loaddefs calc-macs time-stamp
time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table w32-win w32-vars
term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
w32notify w32 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 413719 46357)
 (symbols 32 43443 0)
 (miscs 32 183 1822)
 (strings 16 95444 23311)
 (string-bytes 1 2954158)
 (vectors 8 49918)
 (vector-slots 4 1628135 52046)
 (floats 8 431 743)
 (intervals 28 10264 655)
 (buffers 516 36))