Subject: bug#21132: closed (Re: bug#21132: 25.0.50; Emacs on Windows crashes evaluating x-frame-geometry in batch mode)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 08:18:04 +0000

Your bug report

#21132: 25.0.50; Emacs on Windows crashes evaluating x-frame-geometry in batch mode

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
21132: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=21132
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#21132: 25.0.50; Emacs on Windows crashes evaluating x-frame-geometry in batch mode
From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
To: Francis Litterio <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 10:17:15 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

 > Emacs built from the latest source on Windows crashes when invoked
 > as follows:
 >
 >    emacs.exe -Q -batch --eval="(x-frame-geometry (selected-frame))"
 >
 > This is consistently reproduceable.

On Windows the function has been renamed to `w32-frame-geometry'.  The
underlying bug should have been fixed on all platforms.  Closing this
bug.

Thanks, martin

Subject: 25.0.50; Emacs on Windows crashes evaluating x-frame-geometry in batch mode
From: [email-masked] (Francis Litterio)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2015 12:03:42 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Emacs built from the latest source on Windows crashes when invoked
as follows:

  emacs.exe -Q -batch --eval="(x-frame-geometry (selected-frame))"

This is consistently reproduceable.
--
Fran Litterio
flitterio -at- gmail.com

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.4 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2015-06-30 on PUPPY
Repository revision: 5f004117f5bcab9171eaddb2867393ed69ae49bf
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=c:/apps/emacs --without-x --without-xpm
 --without-png --without-jpeg --without-tiff --without-gif'

Configured features:
SOUND NOTIFY ACL TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: C.ISO-8859-1
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Text

Minor modes in effect:
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-track-minor-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  auto-fill-function: do-auto-fill
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Recent messages:
This is a test
Type C-x 1 to remove help window.  
Quit [2 times]
Buffer buried.
Type "q" to delete help window.
Saving file c:/franl/todo.txt...
Wrote c:/franl/todo.txt
Mark set [2 times]
Quit
Type C-x 1 to remove help window.  
report-emacs-bug is on <menu-bar> <help-menu> <send-emacs-bug-report>

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow mail-extr emacsbug debug jka-compr eieio-opt speedbar sb-image
ezimage dframe find-func conf-mode sh-script smie executable edmacro
kmacro misearch multi-isearch server sort gnus-draft gnus-agent
gnus-srvr nnvirtual nndraft nnmh gnus-msg gnus-cite canlock gnus-art
mm-uu mml2015 epg-config mm-view mml-smime smime dig mailcap gnus-async
gnus-score score-mode gnus-cache gnus-sum fpl-moo fpl-react erc-notify
erc-truncate erc-log erc-dcc erc-list erc-menu erc-join erc-ring
erc-networks erc-pcomplete erc-track erc-match erc-button erc-fill
erc-stamp erc-netsplit erc-goodies erc erc-backend erc-compat thingatpt
help-mode source-safe ediff-merg ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-mult
ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util ediff grep python json ielm pp
sgml-mode csharp-mode cc-langs cl smtpmail sendmail nntp gnus-group
gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc
parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message rfc822 mml mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win nnoo gnus gnus-ems
nnheader mail-utils wid-edit etags xref vc vc-dispatcher dired-aux hexl
smerge-mode diff-mode easy-mmode paren man info compile apropos tramp
tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver format-spec advice saveplace
icomplete savehist browse-url shell pcomplete warnings arc-mode
archive-mode ange-ftp socks network-stream nsm auth-source cl-macs
cl-seq eieio byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra seq cconv
eieio-core cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib gnus-util mm-util help-fns
mail-prsvr password-cache starttls tls dired cc-mode cc-fonts easymenu
cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs
comint ansi-color ring calc-ext calc calc-loaddefs calc-macs time-stamp
time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table w32-win w32-vars
term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
w32notify w32 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 413719 46357)
 (symbols 32 43443 0)
 (miscs 32 183 1822)
 (strings 16 95444 23311)
 (string-bytes 1 2954158)
 (vectors 8 49918)
 (vector-slots 4 1628135 52046)
 (floats 8 431 743)
 (intervals 28 10264 655)
 (buffers 516 36))