Subject: bug#21132: 25.0.50; Emacs on Windows crashes evaluating x-frame-geometry in batch mode

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2015 20:17:39 +0200

>> Emacs built from the latest source on Windows crashes when invoked
 >> as follows:
 >>
 >>    emacs.exe -Q -batch --eval="(x-frame-geometry (selected-frame))"
 >
 > Thanks, fixed.

Do you have any simple guideline how to find similar instances of this
bug?  And what is the difference between !FRAME_INITIAL_P (f) and
FRAME_W32_WINDOW (f)?  I suppose that !FRAME_INITIAL_P (f) implies
FRAME_W32_WINDOW (f).  So there are probably cases when we use
FRAME_W32_WINDOW (f) and FRAME_INITIAL_P (f) holds.  Right?

And do we prefer (FRAME_W32_WINDOW (f) != 0) to (!FRAME_W32_WINDOW (f))?
Also I believe that I should replace FRAME_X_WINDOW by FRAME_W32_WINDOW.

 > I believe similar changes are needed in xfns.c and in nsfns.m, could
 > someone with access to the relevant OSes please check and apply?

I'll look into these.

Thanks for the quick fix, martin