Subject: Re: bug#21131: minibuffer repl delay

From: Chris Stacy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2015 04:20:35 -0400

> On Jul 25, 2015, at 2:44 AM, Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Chris Stacy <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
>> But doing the same thing in the minibuffer (eval-expression)
>> incurs a huge delay after I hit ENTER and before seeing the answer.
>> For example, the above expression took over 7 seconds before I saw:
>> 
>> 2117 (#o4105, #x845)
>> 
>> I can't tell if it is just arithmetic because the delays seem to random.
> 
> It comes from trying to render the number as a character, and it can
> take some time to find a font that contains this character, if any.

Is there some setting that would prevent it from doing that?
Maybe I should just write my own command; maybe there is something I can bind?
i just want a straight PRINT, like I get in *scratch*

Thank you!