Subject: 25.0.50; ffap-next-guess does not move point for URL matches

From: Greg Lucas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 17:50:50 -0400

Running emacs -Q, with point at the beginning of a buffer that contains
both file paths and URLs, such as:

foo
c:/Users
bar
http://www.google.com
baz

Then using `M-:' I execute:

Eval: (ffap-next-guess)

==> This returns "C:/Users" and moves point at the end of line 2.

Eval: (ffap-next-guess)

==> This returns "http://www.google.com", but leaves point at end of
line 2.

Eval: (ffap-menu)

==> This gets stuck in a loop, as seen in my Messages buffer:

Scanning...88% <http://www.google.com> [15592 times]

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.1 (x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2015-07-11 on KAEL
Repository revision: 8f1df3c40da276e129af4404bfba94defbfa5cae
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.3.9600
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/z/emacs --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32
 --target=x86_64-w64-mingw32 --build=x86_64-w64-mingw32 --with-wide-int
 --with-jpeg --with-xpm --with-png --with-tiff --with-rsvg --with-xml2
 --with-gnutls --with-sound=yes --with-file-notification=yes
 --without-dbus --without-imagemagick 'CFLAGS=-O3 -fomit-frame-pointer
 -g0 -pipe' 'LDFLAGS=-static-libgcc -static-libstdc++ -static -s
 -Wl,-s''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENU
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Mark set
Source file
`c:/opt/emacs/emacs-snapshot/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/ffap.el' newer
than byte-compiled file
ffap
"c:/Users"
"http://www.google.com"
Scanning...88% <http://www.google.com> [15592 times]
Quit

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message dired format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils ffap
thingatpt url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cl-extra seq cconv eieio-core cl-macs gv gnus-util mm-util
help-fns help-mode easymenu cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib mail-prsvr
password-cache url-vars time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp
disp-table w32-win w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote w32notify w32 multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 125808 5258)
 (symbols 56 20228 0)
 (miscs 48 42 86)
 (strings 32 33871 3515)
 (string-bytes 1 844399)
 (vectors 16 12710)
 (vector-slots 8 417669 5147)
 (floats 8 155 55)
 (intervals 56 254 29)
 (buffers 976 11))