Subject: bug#21104: 25.0.50; relative paths are added to load-path without -nsl (bug#21104)

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2015 05:35:56 +0200

> Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2015 23:09:09 +0100
> From: Anders Lindgren <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked], Keith David Bershatsky <[email-masked]>
> 
> > Are you saying that xbacktrace doesn't work at this point?
> 
> I'm new to gdb, so I don't know what xbacktrace is...

It's one of the many commands defined in src/.gdbinit.  If you start
GDB in the src directory, it should read that file automatically (or
loudly refuse to, for security reasons).  Failing that, type "source
/path/to/src/.gdbinit" to force GDB to read it.

Once you did that, just typing "xbacktrace" should show the Lisp
backtrace which should give you a clue what Lisp code is being run.

> What happen is that after
> i try to print things, say "p SDATA(current_buffer->directory_)", gdb no longer
> see the same call stack etc.

Don't do that.  Instead, do this:

  (gdb) p current_buffer->directory_
  (gdb) xstring

(Usually, it's better to make sure the value is a string by typing
"xtype" before "xstring".)

See etc/DEBUG for more useful hints.