Subject: bug#21092: closed (Re: bug#21092: 25.0.50; Option `lazy-highlight-max-at-a-time' does not work)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 00:20:02 +0000

Your bug report

#21092: 25.0.50; Option `lazy-highlight-max-at-a-time' does not work

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
21092: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=21092
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#21092: 25.0.50; Option `lazy-highlight-max-at-a-time' does not work
From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 02:16:35 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> The same solution could be applied to bug#21092, to add a new option
> ‘buffer’ to ‘isearch-lazy-highlight’ to lazy-highlight the whole buffer.
> Then ‘follow-mode’ should check it, and override it with buffer-local
> ‘all-windows’ only when it was ‘t’ initially.

I fixed the docstring of ‘lazy-highlight-max-at-a-time’
mentioned in the subject line, and closing this bug.

Drew, if you think we need to add a new option ‘buffer’ to
‘isearch-lazy-highlight’, then please create a separate feature request.

Subject: 25.0.50; Option `lazy-highlight-max-at-a-time' does not work
From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2015 06:36:55 -0700 (PDT)
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

1. emacs -Q

2. Visit a file - anything other than a tiny one will do.

3. Use `customize-option' to set `lazy-highlight-cleanup' to nil
   and set `lazy-max-at-a-time' to nil.

4. Search once for a simple string that occurs multiple times throughout
   the buffer - e.g., `C-s the RET`.

5. Scroll down to see that the matches were not highlighted throughout
   the buffer.  `lazy-highlight-max-at-a-time' does not work as
   advertised.

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2015-07-03 on LEG570
Bzr revision: 2b848fadd51e805b2f46da64c5958ea7f009048a
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --host=i686-pc-mingw32 --enable-checking=yes,glyphs'