Subject: bug#21090: 25.0.50; `condition-case-no-debug': Please fix indentation & highlighting

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2015 13:07:01 -0700 (PDT)

In Emacs 23 you introduced `condition-case-no-debug'.  In Emacs 24.1 you
immediately turned around and deprecated it - to improve the name.
Hindsight is 20x20, but such things happen.

What should not happen is that when you make such a replacement,
especially for a simple renaming, you break the behavior of the alias
that is deprecated.

You should at least let the alias act the same as the newly named
replacement (and in the case of just a renaming, act the same as it did
before).  Especially for a macro, you should reinstate the highlighting
and, especially, the indentation, so one can use recent Emacs on code
that must work also with Emacs 23.

This macro is one case in point.  Please restore at least the
indentation, and preferably the font-lock highlighting as well.

And then please search for other such renamings of things that had
indentation declarations and were font-locked, and fix them too.

Thx.

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2014-10-20 on LEG570
Bzr revision: 118168 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --enable-checking=yes,glyphs CPPFLAGS=-DGLYPH_DEBUG=1'