Subject: bug#21087: 24.5; ff-find-other-file will create a file with an extra trailling backslash

From: ".." <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2015 23:47:15 +0800 (CST)

Hi

It jumps out that ff-find-other-file will create the expecting file name with an extra
trailling backslash, which makes the the newly opened buffer as directory.
This happens after I updated all the 3rd party packages to the
latest version. Although I havn't found out which package caused this
issue, but the following patch will fix it, and I think it makes
more sense to use read-file-name than read-directory-name

--- emacs\share\emacs\24.5\lisp\find-file.el
+++ emacs\share\emacs\24.5\lisp\find-file.el
@@ -495,7 +495,7 @@
 
             (setq name
                   (expand-file-name
-                   (read-directory-name
+                   (read-file-name
                     (format "Find or create %s in: " default-name)
                     default-directory default-name nil)))

In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2015-04-11 on LEG570
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/c/usr --host=i686-pc-mingw32'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: CHS
  locale-coding-system: cp936

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  recentf-mode: t
  clean-aindent-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  global-fci-mode: t
  fci-mode: t
  global-anzu-mode: t
  anzu-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  global-linum-mode: t
  linum-mode: t
  helm-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Working...
Finding buffer pathname.cpp...
Finding ./pathname.cpp...
Finding /usr/include/pathname.cpp...
(New file)
Type "q" in help window to restore its previous buffer, C-M-v to scroll help.
C-x C-g is undefined
Quit
Mark set [4 times]
Mark saved where search started

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail mm-archive message rfc822 mml
mml-sec mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-utils gnutls network-stream starttls url-http tls mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums url-gw url-cache url-auth
url-handlers finder-inf misearch multi-isearch find-file recentf
tree-widget wid-edit ido helm-command eieio-opt speedbar sb-image
ezimage dframe find-func winner helm-elisp helm-eval edebug eldoc vc-git
helm-gtags pulse which-func imenu ws-butler cc-langs cc-mode cc-fonts
cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs
clean-aindent-mode company-files company-oddmuse company-keywords
company-etags etags company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev
company-capf company-cmake company-xcode company-clang company-semantic
company-eclim company-template company-css company-nxml company-bbdb
company init-local init-org init-git init-yasnippet yasnippet cl
init-company init-editting fill-column-indicator anzu mule-util delsel
paren linum init-speedbar init-cc smart-tabs-mode init-helm helm-mode
helm-files rx tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver shell pcomplete
ffap thingatpt helm-buffers helm-elscreen helm-tags helm-bookmark
helm-adaptive helm-info bookmark pp helm-locate helm-match-plugin
helm-external helm-net browse-url xml url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
url-parse auth-source gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache
url-vars mailcap helm-types helm-swoop helm-grep helm-regexp helm-plugin
helm-utils grep compile comint ansi-color ring helm-help helm cl-macs gv
helm-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra cconv
eieio-core helm-lib help-mode easy-mmode dired+ image-dired format-spec
image-file dired-x dired-aux dired helm-config helm-easymenu edmacro
kmacro async-bytecomp advice help-fns async helm-aliases cl-loaddefs
cl-lib init-dired+ init-elpa info easymenu package epg-config init-misc
leuven-theme init-proxy time-date china-util tooltip electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp
w32-common-fns disp-table w32-win w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process w32notify w32
multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 363258 404536)
 (symbols 32 39646 66)
 (miscs 32 2070 6727)
 (strings 16 85062 231828)
 (string-bytes 1 2496192)
 (vectors 8 42179)
 (vector-slots 4 1604294 357330)
 (floats 8 652 1306)
 (intervals 28 3552 2997)
 (buffers 508 28))